For over a century, Goodyear has been redefining the boundaries of tire technology, producing innovative tires that deliver unparalleled performance for a diverse range of vehicles. Our success, however, is not just due to our cutting-edge products, but also to our outstanding workforce. We offer a unique work experience where no matter your role, you'll contribute to the development, manufacturing, and marketing of some of the world's most innovative tire products. We're looking for motivated individuals who can inspire greatness and understand that job satisfaction and career success start with support and investment. At Goodyear, we invest upwards of 1000 hours into our new hires, ensuring they can make quality products safely.
If you seek a rewarding, challenging career, join us on this exciting journey.
As a Production Technician, you will gain hands-on experience producing high-quality products in one of Goodyear's manufacturing plants. You will also become familiar with safety, quality, and how to be successful in a team environment. We encourage you to allow us to invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply today!
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Clean and maintain a safe work environment
- Abide by standard work procedures and job safety standards
- Effectively operate tire manufacturing (heavy industrial) equipment and other related industrial equipment—when applicable
- Meet quality expectations for all output produced
- Perform a variety of manual tasks in varying temperatures for extended periods of time, which may include lifting light to heavy materials, climbing, standing, squatting, bending, and working at heights when applicable
- Adhere to Goodyear's attendance policy
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Understand and follow all instructions
- HS Diploma/GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Required to lift heavy materials, climb, stand, squat, bend and work at heights with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to successfully complete all post-offer, pre-employment contingencies
- Ability to work any and/or rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, or overtime if applicable
- Basic computer skills
- Previous experience as Production Technician in a manufacturing plant
- Additional education and/or certification in manufacturing
- Experience adhering to industry-specific safety standards
- Self-motivated: demonstrates appropriate initiative with or without direct supervision
- Hard worker: someone who works diligently to get tasks done in a timely and safe manner
- Adaptability: the ability to make changes, and to be successful in changing environments
- Team player: an associate who can be counted on to assist the company in being successful
- Commitment to working safely.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 62,000 people and manufactures its products in 46 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centres in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry.
For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate
Goodyear is proud to offer equal employment opportunities where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the application or recruitment process, please let us know. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process 438-239-9179.