The Quinte Children’s Treatment Centre at Quinte Health Care is looking to increase their team of rehabilitation professionals as we develop an integrated approach for rehabilitation services for children and youth and their families across Hastings and Prince Edward Counties in home, school and community. Applicants are invited to apply to be part of the ongoing development and delivery of a new model of service delivery.
• To assess the suitability of the referred clients to benefit from occupational therapy as outpatients or in schools/child care centres.
• Complete assessments, provide consultation and implement treatment plans for children and youth with neurological and/or developmental disabilities including those with Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Muscular Dystrophy, Autism, Genetic disorders, undefined developmental delays/disabilities , mental health concerns etc , relative to the scope of practice of Occupational Therapy using a functionally based approach.
• Utilize a family centred, strength based, solution focused model of service delivery.
• Assess, treat and develop program goals in collaboration with client, parents and other team members including physicians, schools and community partners.
• Participate in departmental Quality Improvement Activities, program development and team meetings.
• Complete prescriptions of therapeutic equipment, minor environmental adaptations and seating/mobility needs, as appropriate.
• Maintain appropriate client documentation and workload statistics according to legislation, college standards and ministry requirements.
• Review and communicate plans and goals of occupational therapy activities with client, parents and other team members.
• To take part in CTC interdisciplinary clinics, case conferences and staff meetings as required.
• Provide consultation services to parents and external agency staff related to OT programming.
• Stay up to date on clinical best practice specific to the role of Occupational Therapists in a team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• University degree in Occupational Therapy.
• Registration in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
• Minimum of one year of experience in working with children with disabilities in a paid work position, student placement or volunteer experience or a combination of these.
• Ability to provide assessment, intervention, consultation services to children and youth in Hastings/Prince Edward Counties within the scope of OT practice. This may include outpatient services, services in schools and other community programs.
• Ability to deliver services through a family centered, team based model of service delivery as required
• Ability to deliver services through individual or group intervention to children, youth, families, school staff and other community partners.
• Ability and experience in working as part of a larger multidisciplinary/interdisciplinary team in assessment, treatment and consultation.
• Experience or knowledge of OT’s role in the supervision of Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Ability to work extended hours to support family needs.
• Must have own vehicle and be willing to provide services independently at multiple locations across the community and CTC sites.
• Previous, proven good attendance record.
• Excellent productivity, organizational and communication skills.
• Satisfactory job performance in present position.
• Must have satisfactory job performance in present position.
• Must be able to accept direction and work with minimum supervision.
Please apply through our Recruitment Portal: https://qhc.njoyn.com/cl4/xweb/XWeb.asp?tbtoken=ZVtdRx5fQlU4YHJwNyZTZFt…
Salary - $34.77 - $48.20/Hour