MARKETING SUPPORT SPECIALIST
- Full-time, CONTRACT
- 10 months with opportunity to renew
- $25/hr at 35hrs per week
- Expenses and mileage for work activities covered
- Hybrid work environment, office at 11 Bay Bridge Road, Belleville ON
The Bay of Quinte Regional Marketing Board is seeking a dynamic, creative, and thoughtful person with a love for the region to support its content and design priorities related to destination marketing.
Above all else, we’re a small team in search of someone who can bring a collaborative, inventive and entrepreneurial attitude, backed by accountability and respect. You’ll work across multiple projects that will often be quite different in scope, and you will always have support from the core BoQ Team and our larger partnership.
In the role of Marketing Support Specialist, you will:
- Support the development of social media, blog, and paid media content + other digital marketing efforts, implementing across multiple channels weekly
- Support the design needs of the organization by creating or modifying a variety of visual elements for different mediums
- Contribute to the creation of multi-channel, targeted marketing campaigns
- Assume the voice of the Bay of Quinte brand across multiple channels
- Connect and engage with followers across multiple digital platforms, developing growth and fostering a strong community
- Attend events and visit locations + businesses for the purposes of providing content and coverage
- Represent the organization on project meetings with partners and stakeholders
- Review analytics for the purposes of discussion and improvement, to enhance BoQ’s marketing activities
- Support other operations and marketing priorities of the organization as required
- Some evenings and weekends will be required for meetings and content coverage (note that this would not be overtime, but time would be designed as a flexed workday)
- Some lifting may be required, up to approximately 50lbs
- Post-secondary degree in communications, marketing, or the arts
- 3+ years’ experience creating written and social media content
- 2+ years’ experience in graphic design
- Experience using Adobe design software or Canva
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Comfort with photography and video
- Ability to shift gears and work across multiple projects during the same period
- Experience working in group settings
- Self-starter with initiative to work on projects independently
- Experience working in a tourism and/or resident attraction setting is an asset
- Valid insurance and use of a vehicle is required
Feel like you’ve got a lot of these qualities, but not all of them? We’d still encourage you to apply!
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please apply by Sunday, October 15th, at 11:59pm by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF attachment, or by applying online through the job posting at WorkinQuinte.ca or on LinkedIn.
Only those moving forward to the interview stage will be contacted.
Anyone contacted for an interview will be asked to submit 2 examples of their best design work, 1 long-form written sample, and 2 samples of social media posts from any popular platform.
ABOUT THE BAY OF QUINTE REGIONAL MARKETING BOARD
The Bay of Quinte Regional Marketing Board is a Destination Marketing & Management organization with a dual mandate of marketing tourism and resident attraction for the public-private partnership of Belleville, Brighton, Greater Napanee, the Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte, the Quinte Home Builders Association, and Quinte West.
Learn more about us at:
The Bay of Quinte Regional Marketing Board is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace and community. We encourage and welcome applications from marginalized and equity seeking groups. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you have accommodation needs, please inform us as soon as possible.