Are you a millwright looking for a great new opportunity?
Do you want to work in an environment that promotes autonomy and trust?
Would you like to excel in your role and work towards bigger goals?
If it does.... Keep reading!
Role & Responsibilities
Your day could include any of the following:
• Working in safe manner at all times
• Install, examine, replace or repair machines in a timely manner
• Perform preventative maintenance to equipment as required, including minor electrical repairs and welding
• Adhere to maintenance schedule/plan – make recommendations for optimizing schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
• Read and interpret drawings and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
• Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, cable assemblies, lightning fixtures and other possible electrical components
• Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
• Use proper lockout/ tag out procedures when required, never allowing a machine to be operated without proper guarding or when the possibility of injury is evident
• Pre risk job assessments before any uncommon task
Experience & Strengths
• Certified Industrial Millwright 433A (Required)
• 2 years of work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Exceptional mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
• Energetic and enthusiastic approach with the ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Knowledgeable of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and possesses a strong safety focus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and maintenance management software
• Available and flexible to work in a fast-paced environment, be self-driven to meet or exceed targets and work a flexible schedule that includes planned, unplanned and on-call shifts
Why Work at Cascades?
• Competitive compensation - 36.26/hour to start with a wide range of attractive benefits and profit sharing
• Straight day shift (8am - 4:30pm)
• On - Call coverage - 1 weekend in 7 with paid on call time even if you are not called in!
• Boot allowance
• Dynamic mandates with great potential for professional growth
• Mentoring with experienced professionals
• The possibility of working in a large multinational company
• A workplace of the future where we build a greener world