MOHAWKS OF THE BAY OF QUINTE
HUMAN RESOURCES, ADMINISTRATION OFFICE
24 Meadow Drive, Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory, ON K0K 1X0
_ Phone 613-396-3424 Fax 613-396-3627 _
Position Title: Indigenous Child and Youth Wellness Outreach Worker
Posting Type: Internal/External
Program: Enyonkwa'nikonhriyo:hake Good Minds – Community Wellbeing Centre
Location: Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory, ON
Position Type: Full Time
Duration: Term Position (18 Month Maternity Leave)
Posting Closes/Deadline: November 26, at 11:59 p.m.
Tentative Interview Dates: TBD
Salary Range: Pay Grade Level C ($ 53,310~57,366 Annual Salary Range)
Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte (MBQ) is a vibrant First Nation community located on the beautiful shores of the Bay of Quinte. We are located approximately 20 minutes from Belleville, ON and centrally located between Toronto and Ottawa. There are approximately 11,000 registered members with approximately 2200 residing in Tyendinaga. MBQ is an employer that prides itself on diversity and fairness, providing a progressive working environment that fosters culture, positivity, and growth.
The Indigenous Child and Youth Mental Wellness Outreach Worker will work collaboratively with members of the team and other programs to ensure all clients receive support and wholistic care; support clients to maintain their emotional, physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing; offer guidance and support to programs in the client’s geographical location regarding providing culturally appropriate support services; to encourage and build supports with outside agencies for referral purposes and to build resources.
This position will report to the Enyonkwa'nikonhriyo:hake Good Minds Program Manager.
Summary of Main Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the development of culturally appropriate materials, services and programs;
- Understanding and demonstrating a wholistic approach to healing and wellness;
- Being non-judgemental in the delivery of services
- Provide counseling and support to children and youth to maintain their emotional, physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
- Providing assigned primary mental wellness community support services;
- Maintaining files and updating case files according to procedures;
- Reviewing information system data and preparing/presenting concise reports in a timely manner.
- Satisfying reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Being familiar with, and continuously updating knowledge of any changes in the areas of health and social legislation requirements.
- Promoting and implementing public awareness of mental health wellness to first nations children and youth;
- Planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating services provided to children and youth;
- Liaising with other Childrens Mental Health/Education service professionals
- Must have a minimum 2-year Diploma or Degree (preferred) in Social Work or relevant field from an accredited College or University, and must have 2 years’ experience in counselling
- Must be able to register with the Ontario College of Social Workers Association, and adhere to the
OCSWSSW guidelines and Health Information Act, as well as other relevant legislations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of counselling theories and practices and is able to apply them to First Nations children and youth
- Knowledge of duty to report requirements and related legislation pertaining to children and families,
- Knowledge and sensitivity of First Nations Health and Social issues and programs.
- Must be an empathetic and non-judgemental person
- Must maintain strict confidentiality
- Be honest, respectful and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be creative and flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethic
- Demonstrate keen attention to detail
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the above list of qualities and requirements, please forward your resume and cover letter via mail, email, fax or in person to:
By Mail: Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte By Fax: 613-396-3627
24 Meadow Drive
Deseronto, ON K0K 1X0 By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or a detailed job description, please contact Brandy Jobson at (telephone) 613-813-4018 or (email) email@example.com
To find out more about Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte, please visit our website at www.mbq-tmt.org
- Internal Postings are for members of MBQ or active employees only
- The tentative interview date(s) are subject to change and are posted for planning purposes only
- MBQ is grateful for all who show interest in our First Nation and take the time to apply, however, only those chosen for an interview will
- Late applications will not be considered
- MBQ is an equal opportunity employer, as well, MBQ references Canada’s Aboriginal Employment Preferences Policy
- MBQ is currently conducting interviews via Microsoft Teams and follows all Community Health guidelines as they relate to COVID-19
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $53,310.00-$57,366.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Deseronto, ON K0K 1X0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person