Crown Ridge Health Care Services Inc. operates Crown Ridge Retirement Home in Trenton, Ontario. Crown Ridge Retirement is home to 71 residents and employs more than 33 employees.
We are passionate about our Mission statement “Embracing Life's Journey" for our residents and employees.
As a Family Owned and Operated Employer, we are committed to our employee’s well-being and encourage a lifestyle that promotes wellness and work-life harmony.
We follow a ‘People’ focused approach supporting our residents, employees, and visitors through our CROWN values.
Creative. Respect. Outstanding. Welcoming. Nurturing.
Our team is currently hiring a:
Full-Time Dietary Aide
1:00 PM-9:00 PM (9 shifts bi-weekly)
If you are energetic about working with a team that is committed to a collaborative team approach, join us!
What you can expect to do
- Assists in maintaining the food services area in a safe and sanitary manner
- Responsible for the service of beverages, meals and dessert items, and nourishment items
- Load and unload the dishwasher
- Responsible for following Residents’ diets and food preferences, using proper portion sizes, allergies, and restrictions
- Follows proper food handling techniques and infection control practices within the dining room
- Clear and sanitize tables, chairs, and any touch point surfaces
- Must understand the basics of good sanitation and techniques to avoid infection or spread of contagious illness and must be aware of routine precautions used for infection control.
- Follows established procedures for handling meal service to and from isolated areas
- Build open and honest relationships with communication
- Be passionate and determined
- Embrace and drive change
- Be aligned with our company values and culture
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and follow all Crown Ridge Healthcare Health & Safety policies, procedures, and legislations
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with the Retirement Home Regulatory Act
- Other duties as assigned
What you need.
- Food handler certificate or willing to obtain
- Vulnerable sector check that is less than 6 months old at the time of hire
- TB test steps 1 and 2
- Good communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Good organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
WHAT WE OFFER
Some of the rewards of working with us
- Competitive pay with the opportunity to grow
- Exceptional employers paid health benefits for permanent part-time and full-time for you and your family
- Employee Assistance Program
- Exclusive employee discount program
- Set up to succeed in your role with a detailed onboarding and training process
- Wellness incentive program including on-site fitness center, retreat room with a relaxing massage chair
- Free On-site parking
We are dedicated to making our homes comfortable, enjoyable, and secure places to work. Everyone is welcome and you can be yourself. We are looking to add to our outstanding team as soon as possible.
We no longer require staff to be vaccinated against COVID. Our homes continue to encourage all individuals who wish to enter our homes to be vaccinated. Must adhere to COVID protocols including hand hygiene, wearing masks, and testing requirements.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $17.36 per hour
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Evening shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Trenton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person