The Bakery and Bistro Spot is looking for a Baker to join our team. This position will be responsible for preparing delicious, unique and creative cookies, squares, tarts, cakes and other pastries.
- Part-Time position
- possible hours are 8-4pm (flexible)
- must have weekend availability
- Follow recipes and technique to create unique, delicious cookies and other baked goods.
- Prepare dough by mixing, shaping, baking and cooling.
- Clean equipment and workstations regularly.
- Perform daily baking demonstrations to encourage creativity and interest in the arts.
- Cake and Cupcake decorating an asset
- Assist with inventory control, ordering of ingredients, ordering of supplies, and ordering of special products (cookies, chocolates, pastries etc.)as needed.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized bakery environment at all times.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of basic baking techniques and ingredients used in baking.
- Familiarity with different types of cookies and pastries.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Freelance
Part-time hours: 25-35 per week
Salary: $17.50-$18.50 per hour
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Napanee, ON K7R 1H7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Baking: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person