Closing Date: December 6, 2023, at 4:30 PM
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time
Position: One (1)
Department: Transportation and Operations Services
File Number: SV23-158
Hours: 35 hours per week; Monday to Friday; 8:30 am 4:30 pm
Salary: Grade 4 ($25.16 - $29.98 per hour)The City of Belleville, known as the ‘Friendly City’, is located at the mouth of the Moira River where it meets the picturesque Bay of Quinte. Experience world-class fishing, boating, cycling and walking along approximately 14 kilometers of waterfront trails. Situated between Toronto and Montreal, and less than one hour from the U.S. border, the City truly is at the center of it all.
Approximately 56,000 people make Belleville their home and over 220,000 live within 30 minutes of the City. We are in close proximity to Prince Edward County where you can discover award winning wineries and numerous beaches including Sandbanks Provincial Park. We are home to Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology as well as Albert College, Canada’s oldest co-ed boarding independent private school.
The historic downtown core provides numerous restaurants, shopping and live music and theater venues for an amazing cultural experience. Our inviting blend of small town warmth and big city amenities, quality of life and affordable housing make Belleville the perfect place to live, work and play.
More information is available at www.belleville.ca
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The position is the first point of contact for visitors to the Operations Centre and acts as the regular back-up for the Administrative Assistant. The position provides customer service to and assists the public with complaints and queries related to City Roads, Trees, Waste Collection, Parks, and Transit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent customer service as the first point of contact for visitors and callers to the Operations Centre
- Respond to general inquiries from the public; screen and forward calls to others in the organization as appropriate
- Provide back-up on a regular basis to the Administrative Assistant and/or
- Accounts Payable Representative.
- Record all inquiries and/or work requests into Worktech.
- Interact with the public and provide information and assistance in a polite and
- efficient manner.
- Relay information to Supervisors or crews in the field as required.
- Liaise and coordinate activities with various stakeholders and contractors.
- Accept and process payment for goods or services.
- Track and compile operational data and key performance indicators.
- Provide outreach and communication to the public via surveys, public forums,
- media, etc.
Note: Above duties are representative of a typical position and are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
- Minimum 2-year College diploma in business, office administration, public relations, or marketing studies.
- Demonstrated customer service skills with sound judgement, tact and discretion and the ability to communicate clearly with the public in person and on the phone.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the structure and services provided by Transportation & Operations Services.
- Minimum 2 years of office experience.
- Demonstrated experience using computers and applicable software; MS Office, internet browsers, VADIM, Worktech.
- Municipal office administration experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click here for the City of Belleville Careers Page
We thank all applicants who apply for their time and interest but advise that only those selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Personal information and any supporting material will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
The City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Applicants will be required to provide at their own expense a satisfactory criminal reference check dated within the past six (6) months, and if deemed a requirement of the position, a driver’s abstract to the Human Resources Department on or before the date of the interview but no later than the commencement of employment if selected.