About The Company:
True North Cannabis Co. is an emerging Cannabis retailer with 50+ locations. We are extremely excited to start educating Cannabis history & Lighting The Way Forward for the future of Cannabis. With locations popping up across the province, we encourage you to check out what the buzz is all about; and help us Share a way to live, the True North Way.
About The Position:
True North Cannabis’ Budtenders role is to help all guests - novice and veteran - navigate the wide world of recreational cannabis. As a budtender you are passionate about cannabis and stay on top of industry news.
You will include True North's element of culture and passion in your interactions with guests which creates a rich and meaningful dispensary experience. Budtenders are required to stay informed about latest products as well as the legal system's requirements.
Budtenders will provide guidance and educate customers about cannabis products, so all True North's guests will have a safe and enjoyable cannabis experience.
- You will Confidently represent True Norths’ brand
- Welcome and assist all customers that visit the store and make a positive first impression: smiles, makes eye contact, responds to guests with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Ensure a high level of customer interaction, suggestive selling and enthusiasm
- Work in partnership with Management and sales team to maximize store sales
- Sell and upsell products with targets and goal criteria
- Demonstrates that guest service is their number one priority
- Educate customers on cannabis products and how to safely consume cannabis
- Professionally and courteously handle customer feedback, complaints or concerns
- Facilitate the sale of regulated cannabis by discussing cannabis products and engaging customers in a variety of cannabis accessories
- Demonstrate a high interest in the industry and willing to curate experiences that go above and beyond expectations
- Adhere to all legislative requirements of cannabis retailers, including federal, provincial and municipal legislation.
- Perform reception duties as needed– Check Identification
- Fulfill guest orders and support with inventory management to ensure guests have access to the right stock to drive sales.
- Organize, receive, and categorize cannabis products and accessories.
- Effectively utilize a compliant POS system (Cova, Merrco, Dutchie)
- Follows proper cash handling procedures.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the store is maintained daily.
- Seek opportunities to contribute to and improve business results daily.
- Support with completing all tasks and duties, as assigned.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and personal responsibility.
- Open to feedback, coaching and continuous improvement.
Physical Demand Requirements:
- Frequent reaching above waist, chest and shoulder level as well as below waist level
- Continuous standing on tiled surfaces for all tasks (shifts between 8-10 hrs)
- Frequent lifting of boxes of supplies
- Occasional lifting weighing between 5 – 40 lbs vertically from floor to knuckle height, knuckle to shoulder height.
- Valid Cannsell Cannabis Retail Certification
- Strong customer service skills
- A clean criminal background check
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a team player.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Availability for shift work alone or as part of a team any time between 8:00am to 11:30pm, Monday to Sunday
- Basic skills in math and proficiency as a cashier
- Extensive knowledge of cannabis products and accessories is an asset.
- Completion of First Aid course is an asset.
- Personal connection to the community is an asset.
- The hourly wage for key Holders is $17- $18.50 per hour. Keyholder responsibilities include all the above and opening and closing the store daily and completing tasks and or requests from their direct report.
- Store discounts
- Profit Sharing
Our operating hours are 7 days a week and may range from 8am to 11:30pm
Part-time hours range : 10- 30 hours per week
Full- time hours range : 30 – 44 hours per week
Job Types: Seasonal Contract until June 2024