As Eastern Ontario’s leading regional accounting firm, we serve a broad range of industries and not-for-profit organizations providing our staff with extensive experience as well as interesting and challenging work.
Who We Are:
We offer a small firm feel with the opportunity for work-life balance yet our staff, resources, and technical knowledge could rival any national firm. Wilkinson & Company LLP continues to grow and prosper; we are leaders in our field and committed to service excellence. We work as a team, for the firm, our clients, and for each other. At Wilkinson & Company LLP you will be given every opportunity to reach your full potential and enjoy a rewarding and prosperous career.
We have an immediate opening in our Kingston office for a bookkeeper to join our team.
Bookkeeping is the backbone of all accounting. Accurate and complete daily and monthly recordings of all business transactions is essential for the preparation of all accounting reports. In this role you will be responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping duties for our clients who are small to medium size businesses across multiple industries.
Our bookkeeping services include the following:
- Transaction services and preparation of client internal financial statements;
- Preparation of T4 and T5 slips; and
- Accounting software support and training.
- College Diploma/University degree with an Accounting focus;
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping;
- One (1) year of bookkeeping experience is an asset;
- Professional and reliable;
- Superb organizational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment and with a diverse client group;
- Ability to work with confidential information; and
- Ability to work overtime to meet client demand as well as during high volume tax season.
Computer skills including:
- Working knowledge of Sage 50 and/or Quickbooks; and
- Working knowledge of MS Suite specifically Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Note: Driver’s Licence, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend client sites as required, as well as ability to meet vehicle/insurance requirements
We thank all applicants for their interest in Wilkinson and Company LLP however, only those who meet the qualifications for our position will be contacted.
Accommodations will be provided to applicants to enable equitable participation in the recruitment process.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $43,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person