Do you have previous sewing experience, even as a hobby? Are you good with your hands and enjoy detailed work. Want to turn your hobby and natural skills into a secure paying job with company paid benefits?
If you answered yes, to any of the above questions we want to hear from you! We would love to hire you if you are an experienced sewer, but we are also willing to train candidates who can demonstrate aptitude for sewing.
Please note: We are only able to consider applications from candidates who are currently eligible to work in Canada and have a current approved work visa (which may include Ukranian Refugees), Permanent Resident status, or are a Canadian citizen.
The position: The Industrial Sewer is a key member of the production team. The Sewer is required to use various equipment and work as a team with others to complete orders, working with quality, precision, and in a safe manner.
Monday - Friday. 40 hours per week.
Steady day shift: 7am - 3:30pm with 1/2 hour lunch and two breaks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Industrial Sewer will:
· Sew one or more operations on the product assigned by the Production Manager.
· Operate industrial sewing machines including flat bed, serger, bartack, glove turner, and other sewing machines, to join sections of garments or other articles into finished products.
· Operate specialized sewing machines; side arm, buttonholing, etc. as experience is gained.
· Learn and use the most efficient methods of sewing various products.
· Cooperate with the Production Manager when required to assist in training others.
· Perform minor maintenance and repairs on sewing equipment including cleaning, oiling, and making minor adjustments to optimize performance.
· Maintain a clean and tidy work area ensuring safety at all times.
General light manufacturing environment; repetitive tasks, prolonged periods of sitting, combination of sitting, standing, and walking.
QUALIFICATIONS & ESSENTIAL SKILLS
·Previous industrial sewing machine experience or several years experience operating a sewing machine even as a hobby is preferred.
· OR Demonstrated aptitude in manual dexterity, and willingness to learn new sewing skills
Essential skills required; reading, writing, numeracy, hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, detail oriented, ability to work independently or as a team
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not essential.
This is an ongoing posting for current and future vacancies. We are always interested in hearing from individuals with sewing experience (industrial or as a home hobby), or those who have an interest in learning through our on-the-job training program.
$15.50/hour to start. Increase to $16.00/hour after 3 months.
Eligible for production bonus once fully trained.
Employer paid benefits program that includes Health, Dental, Life, and LTD (after 3 months)
RRSP match program (after 3 months)
Employee discount on company products