Area of Assignment: Emergency Department
Basic Function and Scope:
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse will provide professional nursing services to patients based on the standards of practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Hours of Work: Rotating shifts (days, evenings, nights, and weekends) as required.
Pay Rate: Will be in accordance with the O.N.A. Collective Agreement for Registered Nurse Classification.
- Graduate of a Diploma or Degree Nursing Program;
- B.C.L.S. Current Certification;
- A.C.L.S. Current Certification;
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) (or enrolled to obtain within the first year of employment);
- Emergency Nursing Certification, an asset;
- Canadian Nurses Association, Emergency Nurse Certified Canada (ENC(C)), preferred.
- Registered in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Affiliation with professional organization is an asset.
- Two (2) years recent and related experience, obtained within the last five (5) years, preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Evidence of continuing professional development;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Evidence of collaborative practice;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Proven ability to function in unexpected and critical situations;
- Capable of performing triage assessment;
- Knowledge of and compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario;
- Must have annual review education completed;
- Must have previous proven good performance and attendance record.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $35.52-$50.85 per hour
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
Work Location: In person