Our Production Associates provide support with various tasks from general clean-up to vacation and training relief of our full-time permanent staff. Extensive training is provided to ensure employees are qualified and safe to perform the work and continuous training allows these folks to move through the progressions of our positions. We are looking for safety-minded team players that are eager to work and learn. Cascades encourages their employees to learn and advance in their careers and affords opportunities internally for growth!
Why work at Cascades as a Production Associate?
• Dynamic mandates with great potential for professional growth
• Starting wage for Production Associates is $21/hour
• Mentoring with experienced professionals
• The possibility of working in a large multinational company
• Competitive compensation as well as a wide range of attractive benefits
Production Associates may be trained or cross trained on mill utility responsibilities, paper machine operations and yard relief roles.
The hours of work for this position vary but are typically on a 12-hour continental shift.
Your Background and Strengths
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
• Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
• Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Knowledgeable of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and possess a strong safety focus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications an asset
• Available and flexible to work all shifts including overtime