The successful individual will have knowledge of marketing principles, digital media, general office procedures, excellent organizational skills and an ability to interact effectively with internal and external clients and staff. The responsibilities of this position primarily include, but are not necessarily limited to, working with Small Business Centre Manager on various marketing and communications initiatives, administration, client satisfaction surveys, developing workshops and events.
• Answer the telephone, greet walk-in visitors, and be the first point of contact on electronic tools (email, social media, Eventbrite, etc)
• Act as of the first point of contact for all partners of the Quinte Business Development Centre
• With direction from the Manager and/or Executive Director, create and deliver newsletters, press releases and general communications
• Develop weekly workshops with relevant content for the business community
• Develop marketing campaigns; including drafting & editing marketing collateral such as print materials and digital marketing content, and social media strategy
• Direct customers to appropriate resources – Provincial and federal entrepreneur resource and grant sites / Futurpreneur / Employment Ontario / CRA, Chambers of Commerce / workshops / consultations / market research resources / youth programs / SBC website / online resources
• Update SBC website using Word Press where possible and manage SBC and Trenval social media channels
• Coordinate SBC events and workshops
• Attend community events on behalf of SBC when necessary
• Strong knowledge of online software such as Canva, Photoshop, Eventbrite, etc
• Research relevant content for distribution to SBC newsletter subscribers
• Maintain efficient records as per provincial mandate and board of directors
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• 3 plus years working experience in business or entrepreneurship setting
• Excellent relationship building and customer service skills
• Degree in Business/Marketing discipline
• Excellent technical skills: knowledge of MS Office, Internet, and online software
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills; ability to exercise good judgment and tact
• Ability to multi-task efficiently, work on several projects simultaneously under timelines
• Ability to communicate and relate well with clients, staff, volunteers and the general public in a respectful, cooperative and friendly manner
• Proactive, energetic and with a positive attitude to work and life
• Strong interest in the entrepreneurial sector
• Excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail
• Ability to work as a team member and/or independently
Posting closes on February 10th. Only the successful candidates will be contacted.
The Small Business Centre is under the management of Trenval Business Development Corporation who is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify us if you are contacted for a job interview.
• This position is a temporary contract position for 12 months to cover a maternity leave.
• Up to 28 hours per week; flexibility in hours/days, but within Monday-Friday 8:30 – 4:30.
• On site employment only; no work from home
• Start date on or about March 16
Salary: $20.32 - $23.54 depending on experience. After a successful probationary period of 3 months, group benefits may form part of the salary compensation.