We are currently looking for a highly motivated and dedicated licensed Electrician to join our Trenton team, reporting to the E&I Supervisor.
Role & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor, this role is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, maintain and repair industrial, electrical, and electronic control systems and other related devices
• Assist in the inspection, testing, adjusting, and evaluation of new systems and ensure they conform to company and industry standards
• Execute preventative maintenance activities including troubleshooting and repairs to all production equipment and systems in a timely manner
• Utilize the computerized maintenance management system for processing work orders, PM's and updating the equipment databases
• Provide technical support for Production and Maintenance teams
• Support divisional and corporate objectives including health & safety, Productivity, continuous improvement, innovation, quality, waste, and 5S.
Why Work at Cascades Trenton as an Electrician?
• Balanced on-call schedule (1 in 6 weekends!)
• Day Shift!
• Weekly Pay & Paid on-call time (Even if you aren't called in!)
• Competitive compensation as well as a wide range of attractive benefits
• A workplace of the future where we build a greener world
• 309A or 442A Electrical Certification
• 2 years of work experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
• Proven experience with Allen Bradley PLCs, Siemens/Moore DCS, AC, and DC drive systems, and some Autocad experience is preferred
• Exceptional troubleshooting and technical skills
• Energetic and enthusiastic approach with the ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Knowledgeable of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and possesses a strong safety focus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and maintenance management software
• Available and flexible to work in a fast-paced environment, be self-driven to meet or exceed targets, and work a flexible schedule that includes planned, unplanned, and on-call shifts