The TCS Group of Companies is seeking a Director of Finance within our busy, expanding, third-party logistics organization.
Located on the banks of the Bay of Quinte, Trenton Cold Storage offers customized cold storage, temperature-controlled warehousing, and distribution since 1902. With seven warehouse facilities in Ontario and two in Alberta, Trenton Cold Storage provides Canada with more than 34,000,000 cubic feet of cold storage and refrigerated warehouse space.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for overseeing and executing all financial, accounting, and reporting activities at Trenton Cold Storage and is responsible for the accuracy and timely completion of the company’s reported financial results. The Director of Finance shall participate in the development of Trenton Cold Storage's priorities and objectives and will be responsible for helping drive the financial health and performance of the company.
The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial background and be a role model in demonstrating our culture, core values, and a genuine concern for others. As an effective leader, they will anticipate roadblocks and inspire the team to think differently and lead collaboratively, keeping the customer and colleagues top of mind in every decision or action. This is an in-person role located at our office in Trenton, Ontario.
Prepare financial statements for all Trenton Cold Storage Group of Companies.
Review the audit file and prepare corporate tax returns both federal and provincial for all Companies. Be the principal lead with our external advisors.
Cultivate strong relationships with external advisors, auditors, vendors, and regulatory bodies.
Manage banking and insurance relationships.
Develop, monitor, and enforce policies and procedures relevant to accounting, budgeting, forecasting, and project tracking.
Prepare and approve all documents for year-end audits i.e. Investment schedules, tax journal entries, and financial statements.
Investigate variances in budgets, reporting, internal controls, and general accounting; deploy measures to resolve variances
Collect and analyze cost data versus budget for ascertaining financial performance and risk assessment
Educate and mentor departmental leaders on financial performance to drive a culture of budget ownership.
Understand company growth plan and strategies and play an active role in the identification, evaluation, and execution of growth opportunities
We thank all candidates for their interest and regret that only successful candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process are available upon request.
- Post-secondary education in Finance or Accounting, with a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- 10+ years of progressive business finance experience with strong knowledge of accounting principles, policies, procedures, and practices
- Experience in developing and delivering financial reports using key performance measures to drive better business decisions.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to help set the company up for financial success
- A strong, hands-on leader who will encourage growth and engagement within the accounting team.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, with the ability to drive change and maintain best practices in accounting
The successful candidate must also
- have a collaborative leadership style with superior engagement and communication skills to inform, advise, persuade, develop buy-in and consensus
- have strong consultative and negotiation skills to anticipate and respond to complex and sensitive situations.
- have customer-inspired orientation and model service delivery excellence.
Fully comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Disability coverage, Pension plan, and profit sharing.