Belleville and Quinte West Community Health Centre (BQWCHC) Oral Health Program
Part-Time or Full-Time positions available
The Dental Assistant provides chair-side assistance to the dentists in our not-for-profit Oral Health Program. The clinic offers basic, emergency restorative services and oral hygiene.
The role will also require occasional reception duties. These duties include: assisting to maintain an accurate and up-to-date schedule in an electric documentation system (Dentrix); responding to client enquiries by phone and in person; processing new client applications and performing client eligibility checks for payment through insurers such as ODSP/OW.
The Level II Dental Assistant also assists the team by contributing to inventory management, device maintenance and reprocessing, when needed.
The ideal candidate will have recent experience as a dental assistant and possess skills including, but not limited to: initiative, problem solving abilities, innovative, motivation as a team player, and an organized, caring and friendly demeanor. We are seeking an individual who wants an opportunity to grow within our team and to stay with us long term.
The BQWCHC Oral Health Program is a small, compassionate team. There is great opportunity to be a part of meaningful work with a not-for-profit program providing life-changing services to those insured through ODSP, OW, Healthy Smiles, and those who are uninsured.
Pension available for full-time staff (HOOPP)
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- · Assist dentist, sterilization/reprocessing of instruments, maintain infection control standards and comprehensive documentation
- · Provide patient education and support
- · Determine client eligibility for coverage; advocate for clients where necessary
- · Assist with new client applications
- · Assist with claims submissions; external billing and forwarding of referrals to specialists
- · Assist with inventory management and equipment maintenance processes
- · Occasionally field telephone enquiries for restorative and hygiene appointments, maintaining a daily schedule in Dentrix
- · Successful completion of Dental Assisting Program at a College of Applied Arts and Technology
- · HARP Certification, required
- · Familiarity with Dentrix dental software, preferred
- · Experience working with ODSP and Ontario Works recipients, an asset
- · Understanding of the social determinants of health
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter electronically by 4:30pm on Wednesday November 15th 2023.
BQWCHC is an equal opportunity employer. For more information visit our website at www.bqwchc.com.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Belleville, ON K8P 1K2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Dental Assisting: 1 year (preferred)
- HARP Certification (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-11-15