The Belleville Police Service is accepting applications for the civilian position of Temporary Full-Time Custodian Repair Generalist. This is a temporary full-time six-month contract, with a potential of an extension. Notable perks for all members include access to the Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) and on-site fitness facilities.
Completed application packages must be submitted no later than November 18, 2022.
Hours of work for full-time will be based on 40 hours a week over a seven-day period, consistent with the provisions of a collective working agreement. The starting rate of pay for the position is $22.263 per hour, plus 12% in lieu of benefits.
Applicants for the Belleville Police Service position of Custodian/Repair Generalist must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
• Be at least 18 years of age as of the posting closing date
• Possess a Grade 12 graduation diploma or equivalent
• Possess a valid Class G driver’s license, at minimum and suitable driving record
• Be fit and able to pass a medical examination
• Have no criminal record for which you have not received a pardon and be of good moral character and habits
Preference will be given to applicants who have previous custodial experience and have the following skills, qualities and experience:
• Demonstrated experience in custodial / repair generalist roles with knowledge of cleaning equipment, products, procedures, techniques and standards.
• Demonstrated experience utilizing small hand and power tools.
• Ability to utilize cleaning products and equipment.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as a member of a team with a results driven approach.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Good customer service skills.
• Good observation skills and ability to identify areas in need of attention.
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving and prioritization skills.
• Proven ability to work long hours and perform physical tasks including walking, standing, moving, lifting, climbing stairs, twisting, bending, kneeling, reaching, stooping, etc.
• Ability to utilize a smartphone.
• Willingness to learn new technology and use of new equipment.
Recruitment steps for the Custodian/Repair Generalist include, but are not limited to, a panel interview, comprehensive background investigation, and third-party medical examination.
To make an application you must create an online profile with the Belleville Police Service website, and upload all below documentation as applicable:
• Cover letter
• Copy of Diploma and/or Degree(s) of educational achievements
Additional supporting documentation you may submit includes:
• Letters of reference related to employment or community service
• Certificates of Achievement
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying, you agree that the statements made by you are true, complete, and correct to the best of your knowledge. Further, you understand that any falsification of statements, misrepresentations, and/or deliberate omission or concealment of information may be considered just cause for dismissal.
Please note that the Belleville Police Service is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for
an employment opportunity, please advise the HR Unit if you require accommodation for testing, interview, or employment purposes.
Please visit the Belleville Police Service website, www.bellevilleps.ca, to obtain further information on the Service.